WORKSHOPS & INFO SESSIONS
From July 2017 to March 2018, the NRA will be visiting over 150 locations throughout Queensland to assist retailers preparing for the impending ban. An NRA representative will be in your area to either deliver a workshop or to meet with you in person.
Each workshop and info session will provide retailers with the information and resources you need to manage the plastic bag ban, including advice on:
- What does my business need to do and by when?
- What does my business need to stop doing and by when?
- What bags can be used?
- Why are biodegradable bags banned?
- What are the alternatives to plastic bags?
- How should I manage the transition?
- How should I inform customers?
- How should I prepare my team?
- What else do I need to consider eg. new packing processes?
- What resources are available to help me?
We strongly recommend that all retailers that currently provide some form of plastic bag to customers – large and small – meet with an NRA representative during these visits.
Select your region to see workshops & tours near you
Please note that several regional schedules have changed recently.